I think this is my new motto. It also sums up some of what Susan said. I know it has been weeks since I've updated this blog! But, better late than never. Will I ever get my beautiful garden beds weeded? Better late than never. Walls painted, clothes purchased, schooling planned... You get the idea.
What has had me so busy lately? My beautiful children.
April was home for a four-day weekend, and we had a lot of nice time together. She also took her brother to a movie, highlighted her sister's hair, and spent some time with her friends. It was so nice to see her! April, if you're reading this, your blog is as old as mine - update it!
Katelyn has been given a wonderful opportunity to participate in a Field Research program sponsored by Washington University, the Missouri Botanical Garden, and the National Science Foundation. She is spending a week at Shaw Nature Reserve in Gray Summit, MO, and is learning to conduct Field Research studies in Environmental Biology. So far she has learned to navigate with GPS, analyze water from ponds and creeks; she has studied some insects, learned more about plant life, and much more. She has had a great time so far and is excited to learn more. The program is about half learning to do the research and half doing the research. They'll also learn to present their findings. She'll work on this throughout the school year.
Daniel and Katelyn have both been busy swimming on the base swim team. It involves practices or meets Monday - Friday evenings, resulting in a lot of running around for us all. But they are having a fun time, especially Daniel, who loves diving off the block.
Dan is busy working on the day shift, getting ready to start the "night shift" in about 2 weeks. That should be interesting...
I am busy ferrying everyone around, learning to provide wheat and gluten free meals, which seems to be positively impacting Kate's and Daniel's headaches, attempting to keep up with the bill paying, insurance paperwork, etc, as well as planting garden beds, learning to care for our lawn with natural methods, and attempting to finish up school. Oh, and taking care of our beautiful Daisy - puppy classes, skin problems, walks, training, and more. But she is a sweet, sweet dog and learning to behave much better.
I would like to be painting the walls, spring cleaning, gardening, and planning for the next school year. But once again, better late than never, and I suppose that what is really necessary will eventually get done, and no one but me really cares about the walls and the dust.
Our good friends from Ohio, Angela and Reilly, and their dog Jessie, will be coming to visit on Sunday. I don't imagine I'll look back on my life and be sorry I chose family and friends over painting and dusting (OK, really, I mean having Kate and Daniel dust). I'd like to spend more time with my friends who live here too, but I do see them often at swimming, park day, and other activities.
Well, I hope it won't be another few weeks before I get to post again; if it is, though, I'll catch you up. I'll try to add more photos soon as well.
Take care, and feel free to stop by for coffee!
Barb
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment