Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday means Dancin' and Cleanin' to Country

Hello, friends and family!
We had a joyful day today cleaning the house and singing and dancing to Country music. Kate and Daniel both love all the songs on the station, though some need just a bit of editing! Daniel's favorite is "I've Been Watching You" (dad), by Rodney Atkins. Kate's favorite is "Cleaning this Gun", also by him. We also like some by Brad Paisley; I think one of the funniest ones I'd ever heard was "I'm Still a Guy". I really didn't like country until the kids started liking it (Dan came home from the desert and started listening to it and they caught on) They talked me into listening to it a few weeks ago while we were gardening. Some of the words are just so funny!

When you see a deer you see Bambi
And I see antlers up on the wall
When you see a lake you think picnics
And I see a large mouth up on the wall
You're probably thinking that you're going to change me
In some ways well maybe you might
Scrub me down, dress me up oh but no matter what
remember I'm still a guy

When you see a priceless French painting
I see a drunk, naked girl
You think that riding a wild bull sounds crazy
And I'd like to give it a whirl
Well love makes a man do some things he ain't proud of
And in a weak moment I might walk your sissy dog, hold your purse at the mall
But remember, I'm still a guy

I'll pour out my heart
Hold your hand in the car
Write a love song that makes you cry
Then turn right around knock some jerk to the ground
'Cause he copped a feel as you walked by

I can hear you now talking to your friends
Saying, "Yeah girls he's come a long way"
From dragging his knuckles and carrying a club
And building a fire in a cave
But when you say a backrub means only a backrub
Then you swat my hand when I try
Well, now what can I say at the end of the day
Honey, I'm still a guy

And I'll pour out my heart
Hold your hand in the car
Write a love song that makes you cry
Then turn right around knock some jerk to the ground
'Cause he copped a feel as you walked by

These days there's dudes getting facials
Manicured, waxed and botoxed
With deep spray-on tans and creamy lotiony hands
You can't grip a tacklebox

Yeah with all of these men lining up to get neutered
It's hip now to be feminized
I don't highlight my hair
I've still got a pair
Yeah honey, I'm still a guy

Oh my eyebrows ain't plucked
There's a gun in my truck
Oh thank God, I'm still a guy

I put this on my ringtone for when Dan calls!
Anyway we have had a happy day, dusting, vacuuming, and most of all, singing country. I hope you all have a wonderful, music and laughter filled day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay now that you have been introduced to my very favorite country artist you MUST look up the lyrics and listen to the following songs: everything he ever sang. Seriously though - Online, It Never Would've Worked Out Anyway, Long Sermon on a Pretty Sunday, Waitin' on a Woman, Famous People, Come on Over Tonight to name only a few. They are so funny, you will love them!

:)Robin

Anonymous said...

I like this country song! Chris Cagle, "What Kind of Gone":


I heard the door slam and I couldn't tell, was it just the wind or was she mad again? - ah hell.
She's gettin' in her car.
I hollered, "Baby is there something wrong?"
Thought I heard her say something sounded like, "I'm gone."
But these days gone can mean so many things.

Well there's gone for good and theres good and gone and there's gone with the long before it.
I wish she'd been just a little more clear.
Well there's gone for the day and gone for the night and gone for the rest of your doggone life.
Is it whiskey night or just a couple beers?
I mean what kind of gone are we talkin' bout here?

Well it's gettin' dark out, she ain't back yet, ain't called home, turned off the phone.
Ah man, hah, this might not be good.
I would have stopped her when she went to leave, but I didn't 'cause I didn't really think what I'm thinkin' now.
I'm still not sure what gone is all about.

Is it the kind of gone where she's at her mom's cooling down, she'll come around, or the kind that says you had your chance and she ain't comin' back.

Well there's gone for good and there's good and gone and there's gone with the long before it.
I wish she'd been just a little more clear.
Well there's gone for the day and gone for the night and gone for the rest of your doggone life.
Is it whiskey night or just a couple beers?
I mean what kind of gone are we talkin' bout here?



***Oh, and you should put up a pic of Daisy on the side!!! I bet she's so big now!!!!!***

See you all SOON! Love you!