Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Vacationing at Home...Lazy Days!

Gas prices having something to do with it, pure laziness being the rest of the reason, we are vacationing at home this time. Hubby had 5 days off and we've spent them being lazy. Tomorrow is the last day off! Here's how we spent our days...

Sunday: After church, came home, ate, slept on couch until 6 ish. Had dinner, watched two taped episodes of Wipeout and then watched the Finale of the Next Food Network Star. We have been watching this show the past few weeks and we LOVE it! Watch for the new show - Big Daddy's House - it should be on some time on Sunday afternoons; I guess we'll have to tape it. Played a lot of Scrabble, had a hard time staying off the computer to work.

Monday: Slept until 11; finally got out of bed after that. Had bruch, napped on the couch until about 2. Went to see Wall-E. I personally wouldn't recommend it but the rest of the family liked it. We went to Chevy's for Mexican food. Then we came home, KT and I watched a chick flick, PS I love you, and CRIED through the whole thing! We really liked it. The boys watched some sort of Batman or something. More Scrabble, more urges to work.

Tuesday: Forecast was nearly 100 (probably over with the heat index) so we decided not to go to the water park or the lake. I slept until only 7:30, took Daisy for a walk and to the dog park. Came home and - you guessed it - went back to sleep until oh, maybe noon ish. Then we went bowling, where Mom rocked! I haven't bowled in about 6 or 8 years due to a torn rotator cuff injury, but with cortisone shots, I just thought, "what the heck" and went for it. Ok, I didn't rock, but I did have five strikes in the first game, though Dad beat me. Oh well. Second game was not so good, and I woke up sore this morning - not my shoulder but my hip! It was a ton of fun though. Then we came home for another rest, got up and went to Red Robin for dinner. It was yummy! Came home and watched another movie, Emma, it was good! Then we went to bed. More Scrabble, the urge to work is wearing off...

Wednesday: We were hoping to go to the lake or the water park but it was too rainy so we just stayed in bed. I finally got up about ten or so and watched an old movie with KT - Pillow Talk, with Doris Day and Rock Hudson. It was funny! I had to laugh as Dad was semi watching it and when he had to go downstairs for a bit he asked us to pause it! After lunch I went downstairs and scrap booked with KT for a while. Then I went for a beautiful massage, came home for a hot shower, and went out on a date with my lovely hubby. We went to the Lone Star for steak and it was the best meal I've had in ages! Putzed around Target for a while and came home to watch yet another movie - Balto. Now I'm watching Balto II - but not listening, as D3 is in bed and so there's no volume for me. Oh well. I'll probably go to sleep soon anyhow. Scrabbling still, working not at all. Oh joy! I got my birthday present from AP today - it is tickets for us to see Dirty Dancing. I'm so excited!

Thursday: Not sure yet, depends on weather. Hoping to get to the lake or the water park and the Muny - it's Gershwin this week, they're probably my favorite composers. I have a few more days before they're gone. Next week we're all looking forward to Fiddler on the Roof for the season finale for the Muny. School starting in just two more weeks....then I'll probably have to give up Scrabble. Oh well.

I'll catch you later - If I'm awake, that is!

2 comments:

FHL said...

Your week sounds PERFECT! :o)

Anonymous said...

Ok first of all... "P.S. I Love You" was a crock! Amy and I HATED it... that kinda thing would SOOOOOO never happen! Guess we're just cynical. =)

Second of all... you're watching that show "Wipeout"?!?! Wow... I think you should turn off the t.v. for a while! Join Netflix!! I'm already sooooooooo in love with it! And with the week you had, you'd definitely get your money's worth!

Can't belive you went to Chevy's without me! I can never forgive you! Haha! And "AP" is spelled "Apie"...get it right woman!

Man, the symphony and the Muny and I'm just so jealous!!! Can't wait to come home!!!!!! Miss you all so much!